This chapter presents 15 ways in which God awakens, motivates, and persuades us to exchange our selfish desires for celestial aspirations, to subordinate our immediate concerns to eternal comforts. The first step for doing this is to acknowledge His latest Redeemer, the One He sends for our age. Without this acknowledgment, we remain ignorant of God’s plan and purpose both for our own personal life and for human destiny.
Added together, the 15 incentives or appeals become so powerful they can set any sincere soul ablaze. They can awaken any seeker of truth who has any desire to arise and behold the majestic dawn; they can elevate anyone who cherishes the glorious dreams of entering God’s everlasting Kingdom.
Before reading them, ponder the following points:
• It is impossible to deny the divine station of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh simply on logical grounds. If you continue your investigation, you will be astonished by the weight of evidence pointing to their divine distinction. To validate this point, read the application of statistical laws to the prophecies of the second Advent fulfilled by the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh as descried in Lord of Lords. This evidence alone should convince you of the supreme station of the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh. Read also The Glory of the Son, and The Glory of the Father. These two volumes compare the evidence for Christ and Bahá’u’lláh and show both their oneness and their divine distinction.
• Those who fail to recognize the supreme station of Bahá’u’lláh always do so for reasons other than lack of evidence. Usually they encounter some emotional obstacles.
• Human beings can be convinced a thousand times and more, but unless they are emotionally prepared, no transformation can take place. The rejection of all the great Messengers and Redeemers of the past at the dawning of their advent proves the overwhelming powers of emotions in human life.
• To change our emotions, we must turn to God. Only through His supreme power can we overcome our spiritual handicaps and become worthy of His presence.
• Use the many quotations offered in this chapter to connect your soul to God and to draw from His unfailing powers and blessings. Only then can you experience spiritual transformation.
• Consider this chapter as a separate book, included here, not for information, but only for spiritual transformation. Divide the chapter in any way you like. In a given day, read all the quotations under one topic, or read one or two quotations from each of the 15 topics. Repeat this again and again to demonstrate your earnest desire to your Creator that you are indeed sincere, that you have an earnest longing to recognize this greatest of all secrets, this most splendid treasure—the Glory of God—who remains as yet unknown to the masses of humankind.